Healthcare Practice Manager
The South Routt Medical Center is searching for an outstanding Practice Manager to join our team in Oak Creek, Colorado.
Do you like to ski, hike, mountain bike, hunt or fish? The South Routt Medical Center is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and conveniently close to all your outdoor activities. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a collaborative environment to deliver high quality healthcare to our community.
To effectively lead the South Routt Medical Center administrative and practice operations and be accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of these operations through continuous improvement of processes, outcomes, and personnel. To assure high-quality patient care and a safe environment for patients and all personnel. This will be achieved by serving as the overall practice manager, by working with, training, and mentoring personnel, and by working with the administrative team in the development of objectives for the achievement of the company’s business plan, mission, goals, and strategic values. The South Routt Medical Center is a Colorado Title 32 Special District so the practice manager will also assume the role of District Manager. Additionally, the practice manager will serve as the Director of the South Routt Medical Center Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
The following statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time.
- Process Review and Improvement
- Responsible for assessing all administrative and practice processes and generating ideas and solutions for improvement of the practice on a continual basis.
- Work independently and/or engage other management in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as needed.
- Advise practice about current trends, problems, and medical activities to facilitate policy making.
- Ensures practice compliance with all regulatory agencies governing healthcare delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs, and physical properties and initiates appropriate changes which are in line with OSHA and standard precautions.
- Meets all of the statutory requirements under Colorado Title 32 Special Districts laws.
- Ensure the practice follows established policies and procedures. Provide feedback and/or discipline to those who do not follow policy.
- Communicate appropriate information effectively, timely, and professionally with all employees on all levels.
- Coordinate staff meetings at least once a month to communicate identified issues and concerns in a constructive manner and participate in solutions.
- Communicate effectively with all staff any new policies or items of interest that directly affect their ability to care for patients. This should be done in conjunction with the other managers to ensure consistency.
- Communicate elevated problems/concerns daily with medical director. Act as a liaison between providers and staff and board of directors.
- Investigate patient complaints and report to the providers as necessary. Provide ongoing training and support for employees for the purpose of improvement.
- Work with personnel to develop staffing and schedules.
- Assist with the creation of monthly schedules by applying creative staffing techniques and incorporating patient volumes with practice coverage needs. This should be monitored on an ongoing basis for optimal staffing and to avoid non-productive time and excessive payroll expense.
- Function as a team member when staff numbers are down and as needed to promote patient flow in practice.
- Monitor patient flow through practice in conjunction with staff.
- Coordinate efforts for recruitment, onboarding, development, and the annual performance evaluation of employees.
- Business / Financial Responsibility
- Oversees the business and financial affairs of the practice and fiscal management.
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor collections, outstanding balances, outbound calls, patient visits and other assigned reports.
- Uses data to manage the business.
- Monitor and report on supply usage to ensure optimal practices are in established.
- Prepares monthly financial and statistical reports for the Board of Directors.
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors
- Patient / Payer / Health Organization Liaison
- Manages patient complaints effectively with a balance of excellent customer service and a financially prudent resolution.
- Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the hospitals, regulatory bodies and vendors.
- Management Responsibilities
- Manages direct reports and team members, providing leadership, motivation, development, and discipline to promote quality performance and achievement of financial and quality objectives.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful practice atmosphere.
- Enter, modify, fix, and submit employee timesheets every other week for payroll for staff and providers.
- Monitor overtime and time off requests to achieve financial goals and minimize excess and waste.
- Manages employee benefits including PTO and healthcare plans. Interfaces with healthcare plan provider including annual enrollments and changes.
- Meets all statutory requirements under Colorado Title 32 Special District rules.
- Coordinates and attends the monthly Board of Directors meeting and any additional meetings as required.
- Attends meetings in the community and with other healthcare partners.
- Facilities Management and Purchasing: Responsible for managing the overall facilities management and purchasing activities of the practice.
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Attend identified marketing/public relations functions and coordinate special projects. Coordinate staffing, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and provide positive PR to the public at these functions.
- Follows all OSHA and HIPPA standards, policies, and procedures
- Researches and prepares grants, meets with grant funders and follows up by meeting all of the grant requirements.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Associates Degree in related field, Bachelors Degree preferred. Work experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of healthcare managerial/supervisory experience.
- Preferred experience in family, pediatrics, internal medicine or healthcare administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with co-workers and health team members.
- Communicates through appropriate channels.
- Bilingual preferred
- Athenahealth practice management system is a plus
Customer Service Excellence
- Provide customer service in accordance with South Routt Medical Center standards and expectations
- Demonstrate ability to be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements
- Enact proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Collect and analyze customer service feedback and data.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policy &procedure manuals and grants.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, and the public
- Prepare accurate monthly profit & loss, balance sheet and other financial reports.
- Prepare annual budget
- Prepare documents for annual budget and work with auditor
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Aptitudes and Temperament
- Must have a high level of energy with the ability to adjust to any justifiable pace.
- Make decisions based more on fact than feeling
- Exhibit behavior that emphasizes compassion, quality, loyalty, and conscientiousness
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families, and staff members
- Practice Front and Back Office Personnel including medical providers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred.
- Computer and networking and troubleshooting knowledge is appreciated.
Although not required, extra consideration will be given to those with:
- Prior experience with Colorado Title 32 Special Districts
- Prior experience with 501(c)(3) non-profit rules and management
JOB ELEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company Healthy Lifestyle benefit
- FSA options
- Eligible for Colorado secure Savings after 6 months of employment
- Paid Time-Off earned
Salary: $80,000 – $100,000 / year
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
For questions, more information or to submit resume/CV, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org